In the following you will find a list of papers, presentations, and other publications supported or partially supported by the CONTREX project. This list will be updated regularly.
Public CONTREX project deliverables can be found here.
- Fernando Herrera, Julio Medina and Eugenio Villar, Modelling Hardware/Software Embedded Systems with UML/MARTE: A Single-Source Design approach, "Handbook of Hardware/Software Codesign" . Ed. Soonhoi, Ha and Jürgen Teich, Book publication planned at February 2017, Springer, 2017
- Fernando Herrera, Julio Medina and Eugenio Villar, A Framework for UML/MARTE Modelling and Design of Mixed-Criticality Systems: Model Validation and Generation of Performance Analysis Models, Journal of Systems Architecture (JSA), Currently under Revision, Elsevier JSA, ISSN: 1383-7621 (journal)
- F. Herrera, E.villar, K.Rosvall, H.Attarzadeh, I. Sander, E.Vitali, G. Palermo, A System-Level Modelling, Analysis and Design Framework for Mixed-Criticality Systems, ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems, Submission Planned before end Sept. 2016, ACM TECS
- Sara Vinco, Michele Lora, Enrico Macii and Massimo Poncino, IP-XACT for smart systems design: extensions for the integration of functional and extra-functional models, Forum on Specification & Design Languages (FDL), 2016, FDL'16., Bremen, Germany, Sep. 2016.
- Nima Khalilzad, Kathrin Rosvall and Ingo Sander, A Modular Design Space Exploration Framework for Multiprocessor Real-time Systems, Forum on Specification & Design Languages (FDL), 2016, FDL'16., Bremen, Germany, Sep. 2016.
- Nima Khalilzad, Mohammad Ashjaei, Saad Mubeen, Moris Behnam and Ingo Sander, Towards Designing Efficient End-to-end Resource Reservations for Distributed Embedded , Forum on Specification & Design Languages (FDL), 2016, FDL'16., Bremen, Germany, Sep. 2016.
- Florenc Demrozi, Graziano Pravadelli and Francesco Stefanni, Automatic generation of self-adaptive transactors from PSL assertions, Forum on Specification & Design Languages (FDL), 2016, FDL'16., Bremen, Germany, Sep. 2016.
- Sara Vinco, Yukai Chen, Enrico Macii, and Massimo Poncino. 2016. A Unified Model of Power Sources for the Simulation of Electrical Energy Systems. In Proceedings of the 26th edition on Great Lakes Symposium on VLSI (GLSVLSI '16). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 281-286.
- Yukai Chen, Sara Vinco, Enrico Macii, and Massimo Poncino. 2016. Fast Thermal Simulation using SystemC-AMS. In Proceedings of the 26th edition on Great Lakes Symposium on VLSI (GLSVLSI '16). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 427-432.
- Yukai Chen, Enrico Macii and Massimo Poncino, Frequency Domain Characterization of Batteries for the Design of Energy Storage Subsystems, Politecnico di Torino, Sep. 2016, Italy.
- Alessandro Danese, Graziano Pravadelli, Ivan Zandonà, Automatic generation of power state machines through dynamic mining of temporal assertions,2016 Design, Automation & Test in Europe Conference & Exhibition (DATE)
- Ralph Görgen, Kim Grüttner, Fernando Herrera, Pablo Peñil, Julio Medina, Eugenio Villar, Gianluca Palermo, William Fornaciari, Carlo Brandolese, Davide Gadioli, Sara Bocchio, Luca Ceva, Paolo Azzoni, Massimo Poncino, Sara Vinco, Enrico Macii, Salvatore Cusenza, John Favaro, Raúl Valencia, Ingo Sander, Kathrin Rosvall, Davide Quaglia, CONTREX: Design of Embedded Mixed-Criticality CONTRol Systems under Consideration of EXtra-Functional Properties, 2016 Euromicro Conference on Digital System Design (DSD), Limassol, 2016, pp. 286-293.
- F. Herrera, I. Sander, K. Rosvall, E. Paone and G. Palermo, An Efficient Joint Analytical and Simulation-based Design Space Exploration Flow for Predictable Multi-Core Systems, 7th Workshop on Rapid Simulation and Performance Evaluation: Methods and Tools. RAPIDO´15., Amsterdam, Netherlands, Jan. 2015.
- Fernando Herrera, Pablo Peñil and Eugenio Villar, UML/MARTE Modelling for Design Space Exploration of Mixed-Criticality Systems on top of Time-Predictable HW/SW Platforms, VI EDICIÓN DE LAS JORNADAS DE COMPUTACIÓN EMPOTRADA, JCE 2015, 09.2015, IEEE Córdoba, Spain, 2015, 978-84-16017-54-6
- Alessandro Danese, Tara Ghasempouri and Graziano Pravadelli, Automatic extraction of assertions from execution traces of behavioural models, Proc. of IEEE/ACM Design and Test in Europe (DATE), Grenoble, France, Mar 2015
- Emad Ebeid, Franco Fummi and Davide Quaglia, Model-Driven Design of Network Aspects of Distributed Embedded Systems, IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol. PP, no. 99, 2015
- Fernando Herrera, Pablo Peñil and Eugenio Villar, Enhancing Analyzability and Time Predictability in UML/MARTE Component-based Application Models, Forum on Specification & Design Languages (FDL), 2015, FDL'15., Barcelona, Spain, Sep. 2015.
- Emad Samuel Malki Ebeid, Julio Medina, Davide Quaglia and Franco Fummi, Extensions to the UML Profile for MARTE for Distributed Embedded Systems, Forum on Specification & Design Languages (FDL), 2015, FDL'15., Barcelona, Spain, Sep. 2015.
- Seyed-Hosein Attarzadeh-Niaki and Ingo Sander, Integrating Functional Mock-up Units into a Formal Heterogeneous System Modeling Framework, International Symposium on Computer Architecture and Digital Systems (CADS 2015) 7.-8.10.2015, IEEE Tehran, Iran 2015
- Héctor Posadas, Pablo Peñil, Julio Medina and Eugenio Villar, UML-Based Single-source approach for evaluation and optimization of mixed-critical embedded systems, Conference on Design of Circuits and Integrated Systems, 25-27.11.2015, IEEE, Estoril, Portugal, 2015
- F. Herrera, P. Peñil, and E. Villar. 2015. A model-based, single-source approach to design-space exploration and synthesis of mixed-criticality systems. In Proceedings of the 18th International Workshop on Software and Compilers for Embedded Systems (SCOPES '15). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 88-91
- Michele Lora, Francesco Martinelli and Franco Fummi, Hardware Synthesis from Software-Oriented UML Descriptions, Proc. IEEE International Workshop on Microprocessor Test and Verification (MTV), Austin, TX, USA , 15–16 December, 2014
- F. Herrera and I. Sander, An extensible Infrastructure for Modeling and Time Analysis of Predictable Embedded Systems, Proceedings of FDL'14. Munich, Germany, Oct. 2014
- Julio Medina, Michael González Harbour, J. Javier Gutiérrez, José Carlos Palencia, César Cuevas, Patricia López Martínez and José M. Drake, Experiencing the Multi-Path Schedulability Analysis Capabilities in MAST 1.5, Proceedings of FDL'14. Munich, Germany, Oct. 2014
- Filippo Cucchetto, Alessandro Lonardi and Graziano Pravadelli, A common architecture for co-simulation of SystemC models in QEMU and OVP virtual platforms, in Proc. of IFIP/IEEE International Conference on Very Large Scale Integration, Playa del Carmen, Mexico, 6-8 October, 2014, pp. 67-72
- F. Herrera and I. Sander, Combining Analytical and Simulation-based Design Space Exploration for Eficcient Time-Critical and Mixed-Criticality Systems, Languages, Design Methods, and Tools for Electronic System Design. Springer. 2014.
- Gene Matter, Nicolas Peltier, Sylvian Kaiser, Ilija Materic and Jean-Christophe Oudin, Electronic System Level Coupled Power-Thermal Modeling and Dynamic Analysis, ARM TechCon 2014, Santa Clara, US, October 1-3, 2014
- Sara Vinco, Alessandro Sassone, Franco Fummi, Enrico Macii, Massimo Poncino, An Open-Source Framework for Formal Specification and Simulation of Electrical Energy Systems, accepted at ISLPED’14: International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design, San Diego, CA August 2014.
- Kim Grüttner, Philipp A. Hartmann, Tiemo Fandrey, Kai Hylla, Daniel Lorenz, Stefan Stattelmann, Björn Sander, Oliver Bringmann, Wolfgang Nebel, Wolfgang Rosenstiel, An ESL Timing & Power Estimation and Simulation Framework for Heterogeneous SoCs, Proceedings of International Conference on Embedded Computer Systems: Architectures, Modeling, and Simulation (SAMOS XIV), Samos, Greece, July 14-17, 2014 [link to conference]
- Sara Vinco, Alessandro Sassone, Enrico Macii, Massimo Poncino, An Efficient Simulation Methodology for Electrical Energy Systems, accepted at PRIME’14: 10th Conference on Ph.D Research in Microelectronics and Electronics, Grenoble, France, June 2014.
- Domenik Helms, Kim Grüttner, Reef Eilers, Malte Metzdorf, Kai Hylla, Frank Poppen, Wolfgang Nebel, Considering Variation and Aging in a Full Chip Design Methodology at System Level, Poster at DAC'14 (WIP Track), San Francisco, CA, USA, June 01-05, 2014 [link to conference]
- Sören Schreiner, Kim Grüttner, Sven Rosinger, Achim Rettberg. Autonomous flight control meets custom payload processing: A mixed-critical avionics architecture approach for civilian UAVs, In SORT 2014 - 5th IEEE Workshop on Self-Organizing Real-Time Systems, Reno, Nevada, USA, June 2014. [link to workshop]
- Carlo Brandolese, Luigi Rucco, William Fornaciari. An optimal model to partition the evolution of periodic tasks in wireless sensor networks. IEEE international symposium on a world of wireless mobile and multimedia networks. Sydney, Australia, June 2014
- Mariagiovanna Sami, Gianluca Palermo. Virtual Semi-Concurrent Self-Checking for Heterogeneous MPSoC Architectures: A DSE Approach In Proceedings of ASAP - International Conference on Application-specific Systems, Architectures and Processors. Zurich, Switzerland. June 2014.
- Edoardo Paone, Davide Gadioli, Gianluca Palermo, Vittorio Zaccaria and Cristina Silvano. Evaluating Orthogonality between Application Auto-Tuning and Run-Time Resource Management for Adaptive OpenCL Applications. In Proceedings of ASAP - International Conference on Application-specific Systems, Architectures and Processors. Zurich, Switzerland. June 2014
- Giovanni Mariani, Gianluca Palermo, Vittorio Zaccaria, Cristina Silvano. DeSpErate: Speeding-up Design Space Exploration by using Predictive Simulation Scheduling. In Proceedings of DATE 2014 - International Conference on Design, Automation and Test in Europe, Dresden, Germany. March 2014
- Carlo Brandolese, Luigi Rucco, William Fornaciari. Optimal wakeups clustering for highly-efficient operation of WSNs periodic applications. IEEE international conference on information communication and embedded systems (ICICES), Chennai, Tamilnadu, India, February 2014
- Salvador Trujillo, Roman Obermaisser, Kim Grüttner, Francisco J. Cazorla, Jon Perez. European Project Cluster on Mixed-Criticality Systems, In 3PMCES workshop - Performance, Power and Predictability of Many-Core Embedded Systems, Dresden, March 2014. [link to workshop]
- E. Ebeid (U.Ver.), F. Fummi (U.Ver.), D. Quaglia (U.Ver.), H. Posadas, E. Villar, A Framework for Design-Space Exploration and Performance Analysis of Networked Embedded Systems, proc. of the 6th Workshop on Rapid Simulation and Performance Evaluation: Methods and Tools, ACM, January 20-22, 2014.
- F. Herrera and I. Sander, Combining Analytical and Simulation-based Design Space Exploration for Time-Critical Systems, Forum on Design and Specification Languages 2013, Paris, France, Sept. 2013
- F. Herrera, H.S. Attarzadeh and I. Sander, Towards a Modelling and Design Framework for Mixed-Criticality SoCs and Systems-of-Systems, 16th Euromicro Conference on Digital System Design(DSD), Santander, Spain, Sept. 2013